Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fall Break and Cabin Visit

This past week was Fall Break, a fairly newly added week off to the regular school calendar! I LOVE Fall Break just as much as I LOVE Spring Break! It was the perfect opportunity to do some extra things with the family. So, here are a couple activities we did…
The week before my official Fall Break, Brady and I went over to my grandma’s house with Lori and Peyton. The babies played on the steps and ran laps from the kitchen into the living room into the kitchen again. We convinced grandma to join us for a train ride at McCormick Park and some much needed ice cream! On the way home, one of the worst storms I’ve ever been in blew through. As I was about to turn onto the freeway, Lori called and told me not to leave grandmas and that the freeway was horrible and the visibility was nil. Unfortunately I was already committed to the turn and began to drive south. Drive really isn’t the word I should use; it was more like inch my way on the freeway. I exited the very next exit as I could not see the front end of my car because the rain and wind were so strong. Lucky for me as soon as I began to head west it lightened up. Seriously, the storm must have been directly over the freeway! I continued to venture home while Brady slept soundly. The closer I got to home, the more damage began to emerge. Trees were down everywhere. I saw police officers pulling trees and limbs out of the middle of the roads and traffic lights were out for miles. What usually takes me 30 minutes to get home took me over an hour. We made it home just as the second storm was blowing over! Luckily for us the only damage was found the next day as I backed the mustang out of the driveway and noticed my side view mirror was shattered due to hail.






Alright, back to the fun stuff! On my first official day of Fall Break, we took Brady to Marley Farms! We got to pet and feed goats, alpacas, cows, a reindeer, and a zonkey.






The following day my mom, sister, Peyton, Brady and I went to Freestone Park to ride the train and have a picnic. The train was not nearly as exciting as the one we rode a week earlier and the babies were not impressed with the idea of sitting on a blanket and eating lunch.


Click here for all of our Fall Break Pictures!

On Friday Lori and I along with the babies of course, headed up to Strawberry. Shaun, Josh and my dad met us there later in the evening. This was our second time up there with Brady as we had been up about a month earlier. (I really meant to post about our trip, but never found the time…) Brady was happy to be back! The cabin we stayed at belongs to our Great Uncle Neal and place we visited many times as kids. Brady’s favorite place while visiting the cabin is Strawberry Pond which is a very quick walk down the road. On Saturday we ventured out looking for Clover Springs. We never were able to find the spot we were looking for, but we did get to do some hiking, exploring and see some fall colors. On Sunday we packed up and headed out. Shaun, Brady and I dropped my dad off at the Payson Airport so he could fly back. Brady would go nowhere near the plane! However, he did enjoy seeing “Papa” take off and fly into the air. In fact, he still talks about it. “Papa, fly, bye-bye.” Click here for more cabin pictures.






2 comments:

  1. I love all your photos, and seeing Brady getting to be so big and capable!!! Where did your little guy go???? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! When did Brady get so old?!

    ReplyDelete