Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Fashion Statement

I recently thought I should begin looking for a button for Brady that read "I dressed myself!" or for me that read "I'm so proud, my son got dressed all by himself!" But I quickly realized I didn't need either- it was very obvious that HE dressed himself! Brady chooses his own clothes now- first the shirt, then the pants. Since he would rather wear "clothes" to bed instead of "jammies." This is fine with me, especially on nights before school. He gets up and I don't have to worry about running late due to clothing drama- mostly the snails pace at which he gets dressed due to stalling... There was one slight glitch to this process the other week. After a half day at school and on our way home from a play date with a new friend Brady informed me that we forgot to put his underwear on. I think he rather enjoyed going "comando" and now the new rule is that he needs to wear underwear on days we go to school! And very soon I will need to enforce a new one that states- if you are wearing shorts (even on non school days) you will need to wear underwear! :)
I distinctly remember a mom a few years back tell me she realized her youngest child (who was in my class) got out of the house without underwear and she realized it when he was on stage (doing a presentation for the other classes and parents). He was sitting "criss-cross" and wearing shorts.
As for Brady's favorite clothing items: soft pants, long socks (especially if he's wearing boots) and long sleeve shirts. It doesn't matter what colors each of these articles of clothing are and I have to be honest, there have been a couple times where the socks have been two different colors. Here is a picture of one of my favorite outfits (which contradicts what I said his favorite clothing items are as he is wearing shorts and a short sleeve shirt!)

No comments:

Post a Comment