Saturday, January 18, 2014

32 Weeks



Someone sleep train this child!!! Not only does he not sleep through the night he rarely takes a more than 30-45 minute naps during the day! Brady and I call them "poo-poo naps" because I don't want him calling them shitty naps, which is what they really are! :) He doesn't suck his thumb anymore and he went through a period of sucking on his first two fingers, but not at bed time. He does however, like to suck my thumb or finger to fall asleep. Sometimes that's all he needs to fall back asleep and other times he thinks he needs milk. Sadly for him, he doesn't get to nurse until after midnight- if he wakes before that we all hear about it. He is a bit sad, but each night it gets better and he falls back asleep quicker each time.
Blake eats cereal (sometimes)and bananas. He doesn't seem to like them pureed though, he prefers to eat them through a mesh bag designed for babies to eat food. I also give him rice cracker thingies (Baby mum-mum is what they are called) when we eat, but most of that goes to the doggies! He has tried avocado, apples and carrots and doesn't seem to like any of those. He likes gumming large slices of cucumbers, carrots and apples. He doesn't have any teeth, but he does exercise his jaws- alot. He continues to chew on anything and everything- and if he gets a hold of your fingers it hurts!
Blake can get anywhere and he gets quicker all the time. He doesn't "big boy crawl" but he army crawls quite efficiently. He can get to anything Brady is doing on the floor and to any shoe left within sight. He is also keenly aware of the dogs and enjoys their paws, fur and especially Shady's tags that hang from her collar. He loves touching them, talking to them and watching them. He gets so excited to see them especially when he's eating playing at the table or when they lay down in his play area. I'm not scared that either dog would do anything intentionally harmful to him, but I sometimes hold Shady's paws so she doesn't stretch them out and paw his face. I also pray that he never gets his fingers into her tag rings- heaven forbid she get up with his fingers caught in there.
Of course he loves being outside. He attends 'walking club' with my dad and I and goes on walks with my mom during the week and loves going for rides in his wagon. Of course he would love to sit in the grass and leaves, but since he wants to eat them he can't. He doesn't seem to mind the car anymore and frequently takes naps (mostly "poo-poo" ones)there.
When Blake gets excited or is calling for someone he will sometimes strain his voice. There's just a harshness and tenseness about it that you can tell he's straining. He may be testing the new sounds and the different noises he can make, but it's definitely something worth watching. It has seemed to subside a bit in the past couple days so hopefully he continues to uses his "normal" voice. I don't want him damaging his vocal folds or needing voice therapy...
He knows the word "milk". If I ask "Do you want milk?" he gets very excited and impatient. Apparently it needs to be ready right then! :) He also gives kisses if you ask- ok- maybe it's coincidence, but he does open his mouth and smush it into my face (mostly on my mouth) when I ask. I'm working on starting sign language and use signs for 'more' and 'all done'. I'm also working on waving! He can still fit into his 3-6 month clothing and weighs just a bit over 15 lbs.
Blake loves bath time- just like his brother! He sits in the tub without his bath chair most of the time. Although he is a proficient sitter, the bath tub is slippery and he really, really wants move around in there, so it is essential that we hold onto him- tightly! This evening I had to take him out because he just wouldn't sit- he was trying to stand by outstretching his legs and pushing his back into my hands. When that didn't work he would try rolling onto his tummy. Crazy kid!
We have a bedtime routine although it's not as consistent as Brady's. We sing the bed time song, read stories and say prayers. Sometimes this is combined with Brady's song, stories and prayers and sometimes they're separate- it all depends on the day.
Overall he is one happy baby- exploring the house, seeking out his brother, loving on the doggies and rarely napping! Love this kid!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment