Saturday, December 26, 2015

6 months


Happy, happy! That's one way to describe this little boy! I can't believe he's six months old already. Time continues to fly. He is chunky, fairly quiet, loves to snuggle, loves peek-a-boo, loves his brothers, enjoys being outside and wonderful. We love him so much!
Over the past couple weeks we have celebrated Brady's 7th birthday, watched him ride his new bike in the neighborhood, went to Zoo Lights, visited Santa at Bass Pro Shop, went to Christmas Eve church services, and celebrated Christmas. Brenden has one little 'toothy' as Blake calls it. It can be felt and slightly seen on his bottom gums. He didn't seem bothered by it breaking through, but he does enjoy chewing on stuff! And in honor of his new tooth and being 6 months old and being Christmas he got to try bananas yesterday. He ate about four bites and then made a face like we would make after eating something sour. We tried again tonight- this time I only pureed about 1/4 of the banana and I'm pretty sure he wanted more. He kept grabbing the spoon while it was in my hand and shoving it in his mouth. I guess we'll have some more tomorrow.
Brenden plays happily on the floor with his toys by himself for 5-10 minutes at a time and sometimes even longer (especially first thing in the morning). He spins himself around on his tummy to try and get new and exciting toys- especially ones that are not intended for him! He tries so hard to scoot forward and he almost can. I expect him to start caterpillar crawling any day- and then we're really in trouble. :)
We love his sweet laugh. What makes him laugh the most is when Brady or Blake jump up in front of him and say "Boo!" He also laughs at the doggies and when we tickle his legs and neck. For all the things he does like- snuggling, having milk, the dogs, bath time, his brothers, car rides, and cuddling, there is one thing he doesn't like- sleeping alone. He does not appreciate times like this (where he is sleeping and I am trying to do other things- dishes, taking a shower, picking up toys...) I've already had to go in and put him back to bed three times while trying to write this.
Poor little guy seems to be getting a cold again. His nose is runny and his cough has never completely disappeared since having croup. I suppose the runny nose could be attributed to teething also. We'll see what the next days hold. Fortunately he seems happy (except when I suck his nose out).

No comments:

Post a Comment