Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring Break Adventures Day 1


This morning my dad and I packed Brady up and took him for a hike in the Superstition Mountains! We took the Peralta Trail and hiked through rocky terrain, running washes, and windy weather! With Brady on my back, I only made it about a mile before suggesting we turn back. I was also worried about heading down since I had to do some careful footwork uphill. Since Brady rode higher than I am tall, he threw my center of gravity off as well as adding 23+ extra lbs! Needless to say, I felt a little unstable at times. We let him out for a short time while we took a quick rest and then it was back down to the trail. It seemed a lot shorter going down than it did going up! Once we got back to the car, Brady was sleeping in the pack, but quickly woke up to play in the wash. We walked a short distance down another trail head to the beautiful, clear, chilly water. Brady didn’t seem to mind the coolness of the water as he soaked his shoes, socks and pants. He loved throwing rocks into the water and searched for big rocks. Apparently the smaller rocks just didn’t make a big enough splash!

No comments:

Post a Comment