So, we've been back from our trip for a couple weeks now and I've finally found time to sit down and share our adventures! (I was also waiting for some extra pictures...)
We left for San Diego early Monday morning, but on Sunday we weren't 100% that we would be headed out. Brady was running a fever and not feeling very well. Thankfully it wasn't anything that a little ibprofen couldn't take care of and the trip was on! With the house cleaned and the dogs at my parents, we packed up the car and left.
(Before I go on I must document the fact that the weekend before we left the air conditioning in the vehicle started blowing hot air. Diagnosis- We needed a new compressor and clutch.)
Back to the trip: We got to our hotel room around 4:30 and were excited that we were walking distance to Sea Port Village! Brady was in awe of the Navy Ships that were visible from our hotel. When we walked across the street to the ships and water Brady looked around and asked, "Mommy, where are the whales?" I tried explaining that the whales were further out in the ocean and that we would see whales when we went to Sea World. We ate dinner overlooking the water and Brady enjoyed watching the boats and people!
Tuesday: Sea World
Before looking at anything else, we went to get a seat for the Shamu Show! We sat in the soak zone and it everything was great until we got soaked! Brady screamed and cried- probably a combination of the water being very cold and the fact that he wasn't expecting it! Thankfully we got splashed at the very end of the show! The rest of the day was full of exploring the rest of the park. Sharks, Dolphins, Sea Lions, Sea Turtles (Brady's favorite), and Penguins. We saw the other shows and made stayed late enough to watch Shamu Rocks- the night time show. We were already wearing sweaters so we opted to not sit in the Soak Zone. I'm not sure that Brady would have been so willing to go again if we sat in the lower level!
Wednesday: The Beach
We had to switch hotel's midway though and this made for a great beach day! We headed to Coronado Beach. Brady was leery of the ocean at first. As long as we were holding him, it was ok, but he wasn't going to run it in on his own! Once he realized that the ocean was a great place to wash his hands free of sand, it became fun! He would eventually send Shaun and I out into the water and come running in after us to "save" us! I was so happy that he didn't want to leave; that means I can talk him in to going back!!!
Thursday: San Diego Zoo
If you look through the pictures you might notice that there aren't any of the zoo (as of August 2011 at least). I have pictures...unfortunately they are on disposable pictures that I still need to get developed. I was trying to be organized the night before and decided to charge the battery in our point and shoot. I didn't want to bring the "fancy camera" because I didn't want to worry about carrying it around. Well, you can imagine my disappointment and frustration when I pulled out my little orange camera to have it ready for pictures realizing something was wrong. Yup, the battery was still charging in the hotel room and yup, I'm still mad! That aside, we had a great time! I preferred the zoo over Sea World. It had free parking, lots of places to get out of the sun, the food was less expensive and better and I loved the animals! I wish I would have brought a pedometer to calculate how far we actually walked! We got there at 10:00 and left around 8:45. We only sat to eat lunch, watch the flamingos (yes, Brady LOVED watching the flamingos!) and to ride the skyfari aerial tram. We enjoyed watching the elephants, hippos, Silverback Gorilla (Shaun's favorite), and pandas. We wore out little guy out! Shaun put him in his car seat, buckled him in, put the stroller in the back and before he could start the car Brady was asleep!
Friday: Back Home
Our trip back home was uneventful and long. Brady didn't take a nap and about an hour from home he was pulling on his shoulder straps and saying, "I need to get out! I need to get out!" We felt the same way!
Click here to see our pictures! You will notice that Brady enjoys the camera too!
No comments:
Post a Comment