Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday



We have just finished up Brady's birthday weekend! He celebrated Friday at school, Saturday at his party and Monday (his actual birthday) hanging out with us! His birthday party was very low key- between work and school, I got a VERY late start on planning and getting the invites out. It turned out perfect though! For the first time, we had it at the park. Including Brady and Peyton, there were 4 kids. We played with the parachute, had pizza for lunch, football cupcakes and while Brady opened presents the other kids got to run around and play on the structures! After present opening, Brady insisted on playing football while wearing his "Sparky" helmet and jersey. For the past couple months all he could ask for was a "cooter" and although he got that- the football, helmet & jersey were his favorite!
Monday, Brady woke up to doorway decorations, confetti all over the floor and a decorated kitchen table. (I think the table decorating might just be our family's tradition for holiday's!) Peyton the Elf, Brady's "elf on the shelf", threw confetti all over the floor from his room to the kitchen table. Although I've vacuumed and swept multiple times since then I can still spot paper circles in probably every room of the house! Brady asked for pancakes, so we had "birthday" pancakes topped with a candle! Afterwards we went to see Santa where Brady asked for a "race car". He wants one he can drive. Then we went to Toby Keith's Bar & Grill for lunch. Brady had Macaroni & Cheese, fries and a special birthday treat. All three of us thought it was delicious. We went home for a nap and then headed to Zoo Lights with my family. Jenga the talking Giraffe sang "Happy Birthday" to him and although I didn't see his face, his Uncle Josh said it was a face of pure joy!


No comments:

Post a Comment