Monday, July 8, 2013

1 Month



Blake celebrated his one month birthday with lots and lots of milk, snuggling, napping, a little bit of tummy time, a trip to Target, some alone time with Grammie and a bath. Of course, he was loved on by all of us including Brady. I want to say he smiled today, but I'm going to call it "smirking" for now. He seemed to smile at me this morning when we woke up, at Brady, while playing with my mom and at Shaun, but they weren't full on huge smiles, they were more smirk like, therefore, I will call them smirks! Yesterday he started to make happy noises- which I hadn't heard before- not sure that I would call them cooing or not.
Blake enjoys taking baths, and until today I had been putting him in the bath with Brady. However, Brady isn't so fond of taking a bath with him since he has pooped in the tub two of the times. He also enjoys snuggling and sleeping on top of people- he has yet to sleep in his own bed... Blake also enjoys tummy time- way more than laying on his back. In fact he has fallen asleep many of the times after looking around for a bit. He also enjoys being in the Ergo carrier I got from a friend. Almost instantaneously after being snuggled in he falls asleep. I suppose it's safe to say he still really enjoys sleeping! Blake also enjoys having a clean, dry diaper- who wouldn't??
He is not fond of having a dirty diaper, being in his car seat for more than 20 minutes, being cold, being changed, having his arms straightened to get dressed or undressed or being unattended to for more than 5 minutes. Something I haven't mentioned yet is what happens when he is upset- if he is upset and he is not comforted in a very quick amount of time, he goes "cat." Going "cat" happens when he is getting changed, when he has been left alone for longer than he wants or when he doesn't get milk fast enough. The pitch of his cry changes and he literally sounds like an angry cat. Therefore, I sometimes lovingly call him "kitty cat"! He also has nicknames such as "Snuggles" and "Squeakers" which Shaun gave him in the hospital because of all the little squeaking noises he would make.
Blake barely fits into the newborn clothes anymore, but I'm going to put him in them until they really don't fit. He weighs 9 lbs and you can tell by looking at him and when you pick him up that he has grown and gained weight. His eyes are still dark blue, and his hair seems to be lightening up a bit. There always seemed to be blond hair under his dark hair and now it seems to be coming through a bit more. His eyelashes have grown and those too seem to be blonde (maybe with a bit of red). He still has yet to create tears, although I thought I saw a little wetness in the corner of his eye today after he was crying (and possibly going cat!). Right now the little man is sleeping in his little chair and has yet to realize that he is not being held- so help us when he does!

No comments:

Post a Comment