Saturday, October 12, 2013
18 weeks (4 months and a few days)
Blake has been busy over the past three weeks since I posted last. First off- he can now roll over! A couple days shy of his 4 month birthday, while laying on the cabin floor, he decided to roll over. He rolls back to tummy, although I'm pretty sure he could get to his back if he wanted...he just doesn't want to! Sometimes his hand in his mouth gets in his way, but if his hands are clear of his mouth, he can flip himself pretty quickly! Secondly- he talks so much more now! He seems to have back and forth conversations and looks in your eyes while chatting. He also screeches and sometimes I call him a baby pterodactyl- cause I'm pretty sure that's what they would've sounded like. He is ticklish on his ribs, legs and neck and laughs when you tickle him.
He still loves being in the carrier, snuggling, sucking on his hands (sometimes, both at the same time) and going to bed. Really, if he's not in bed at night when he's ready, he'll let you know- and he's not that nice about it! He has good nights sleeping and not so good nights- just when I think he's sleeping longer and waking less, he lets me know that I'm wrong. :)
We went up to the cabin at the beginning of this week (where he slept very, very little- largely due to a stuffed up nose) and he enjoyed being outside, cuddling in the cool weather and showing us how he can roll over.
Shaun calls him Slimer. I tried to defend him, but with the constant hands in his mouth, and projectile spit-up I can kinda see where he is coming from. His hands are always wet-wet-wet and then he wipes them on his cheeks and then his cheeks are wet and then we pick him up and his wetness gets all over us. And although he chews and sucks a lot on his hands, I have yet to feel any teeth and he doesn't drool either! And then there's the spit up- just when you think you're safe- you're not! It's not the first burp after eating that will get you- it's when you least expect it. It typically happens without any warning- he's smiling at you so innocently and then it happens- you're clothes are soaked and so is he- or the floor needs to be wiped or the couch needs cleaning. Therefore you should always have something close by to get yourself or things wiped clean!
Another change worth mentioning is that he doesn't dirty as many diapers. He's down to 1-2/day as opposed to every other hour. So, although he is probably not the Poo-Poo King anymore, I still call him Poo-Poos.
Blake loves mylar balloons! I got a few for my birthday and we realized he loved watching them! Of course he would, they're brightly colored, shiny and they move! He had one that he watched sitting in his little chair and then I brought a few more home from my school birthday celebration and while sitting in Shaun's lap in the living room he noticed them floating in the kitchen. I even decided to put one in the car for him. :)
I think Brady is one of Blake's favorite people! He loves seeing him and gets so excited to see him when he's been away at school or in the morning. Brady tries to comfort him when he's sad and keeps willingly keeps him occupied by talking to him and showing him his toys. I think Brady loves him just as much- he even says that he loves Blake (and daddy) the most! Thankfully for me- I think (and Shaun thinks) Blake loves me the most- so at least I can be someone's favorite! :) Sometimes Shaun will be holding him and he'll start to cry so I'll come get him- he instantly stops, smiles and gives Shaun the I got what I wanted look.
I try to remember where Brady was at 4 months old- I know he wasn't rolling over- he was over 5 months before he decided to do that trick! I also remember giving him cereal close to Blake's age, but oddly enough I can't imagine giving Blake solid food right now.
The precious baby is now sleeping (in my bed) and Shaun and Brady are on an overnight camping trip- the house is oddly quiet except for the hum of the computer and dryer. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment