What a happy and quick little boy we have! Blake continues to chase us and the dogs around the house. Thankfully I can usually tell where he is (if I walk away) because just like the rest of us, he's talking! I got him a 'play yard' which I use as an extra long gate in the house. I thought it would help keep him in his play area while I ran to the bathroom or started dinner, and it does, but he's not happy about it. The first thing he did was stick his fingers through the holes and try to climb up it. It hurt his fingers so he cried.
He has learned some new tricks over the past couple weeks. He can pull himself up to his knees and then to a standing position. This happens when he is trying to get something from a basket or climb the gate. He can also climb into baskets and while we having seen him transition from his tummy to a sitting position, my mom found him sitting when he wasn't earlier so we know he can. He also waves (with his fist). One more thing that Blake does is something Brady did when he was little. He takes the back of his fist and rocks it on his mouth while vocalizing. I had totally forgotten Brady did that until Blake did it. Now Blake and I take turns doing it for each other.
He continues to be super speedy and enjoys chasing cords around the house while I vacuum. He still likes to jingle the puppies' tags and chew on shoe laces if he has the opportunity. He spits up less and rarely complains about being in the car. He also continues to like being in his carrier.
Peek-a-boo is his favorite game and he will even pull the blanket in front of his eyes and back down again. His favorite person continues to be Brady- and the feeling is reciprocated back. Blake is always excited to see him and wants to do what he's doing. Brady is always excited to see him after school and is very protective of him. He is always there to make sure Blake doesn't fall or get into something he's not suppose to. This week Shaun went hunting and Brady has been bunking in the room with us. The first night as I was trying to get Blake to bed, Brady popped up over the side of the bed, Blake saw him and started laughed hysterically! It was already past both of their bed times, but of course Brady kept doing it and Blake kept laughing. :) Although I was super tired, but I loved hearing them laugh together. Sometimes I think Blake calls Brady "EEEE", but it could just be a coincidence.
Blake is getting much better with food- he seems to enjoy most of what he is offered now. I recently made him spinach with pears and carrots with apples. He now likes avocado and loves drinking water from my straws (that I drip in his mouth). He continues to suck my fingers to fall asleep and sometimes while he's playing. He'll just crawl up and start sucking on my fingers. After working in the garden last week, I wouldn't let him suck on my right hand, the hand that did all the digging. He wasn't thrilled with me.
On a side note - while looking through pictures of Brady when he was younger I noticed that I was missing baby clothes. A bag in the garage revealed tons of clothes that Blake could actually wear now!! Hooray!! (I like to put him in the same clothes, take pictures and see if the boys look alike) #crazymom
Another side note- I LOVE the way he smells, especially his hair, after a bath. I wash his hair more often than I should just so I can smell it. I also love the way it feels and looks- so fluffy, blonde and soft.
Adventures and celebrations over the past few weeks include Valentine's Day, playing dress up, a zoo trip with my mom, the park today (where Brady took him down the slide multiple times), a trip to see the movie Frozen, a play date with Makenna, a frozen yogurt date yesterday and many trips to Target and the grocery stores. Seriously, he makes a cute girl!
So proud- he got here all by himself!
No comments:
Post a Comment