A couple weeks ago Brady decided that he wanted to have his training wheels taken off of his bike. Oh great- I need bubble wrap... Shaun was at a comic convention that weekend, so, I took Brady's bike to my dad's so he could help fix the tires that had since flattened due to lack of use. Seriously, Brady hasn't ridden his two wheeler with training wheels in I don't know how long! When we got to his house I realized I had a bike there also- one more his size. (The one I had at the house seemed a bit short.) So,
To my surprise the next day Brady wanted to ride his practice bike. So, he rode that balance bike up and down the cul-de-sac for awhile. He had gotten substantially better just over night! The rest of the week, he practiced on the balance bike and when he tried the bike with peddles he was much better. I still couldn't let him go, but wow- what a difference practicing on that bike made!!
So, this weekend Shaun sent me a text telling me that Brady rode his 'big boy bike' around the cul-de-sac and back on his own. I was so proud of him and mad at the same time. All my time and effort- and I missed his first ride. Thankfully for me, he wanted to show off his new skills! So proud of him!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment