I can't believe this little guy is 10 months old! He is an amazing little boy who loves to laugh, cruise, pet the doggies, reorganize my Tupperware, play in water, "talk", and being close to us!
If he's moving, he's talking- it's how I know if he's chasing me down in the kitchen or playing near the front door or if he's hanging out with his toys (he's a little quieter then). He seems to call people (in general) dada and might call Brady Didi. Today he 'big boy crawled' more than I have ever seen him do. We were down in Tucson for the day and he crawled around outside on his hands and knees until he figured out there were little rocks off the patio, then whenever we put him down he was off to get them as quickly as he could- he thinks they taste good! He also thinks it's faster to army crawl, so he was quick to flop to his tummy!
Over the past three weeks Blake has learned how to open (and play) in the cupboards, drink from a straw, and push movable objects while walking. He has also sat in a shopping cart for the first time (I'm normally wearing him when shopping), swam in a pool and took really good car naps- he slept pretty much the entire both ways to and from Tuscon today!
He has had his third tooth for a week or so now and I'm guessing he'll have four teeth when he celebrates his first birthday. He's doing better and better with chunky food and enjoys picking up and eating avocado, bananas and puffs. He tried pancakes the other day and I think most of it ended up in his chair. He is the doggies favorite when it comes to meal times!
We have been working (still) on sleeping better at night and he's pretty much given up waking up around midnight. He only gets his sippy cup of water and since that's not what he wants, he doesn't wake up! :) He sometimes cries when I leave for work and is still beyond excited to see Brady when he first wakes up in the morning and when he comes home from school. He of course, wants to be with him and do what he's doing. He really, really dislikes it when we put the gates up to keep him from entering the kitchen. If he sees us putting it up, he will scream and cry like he just fell down and bumped his head. So, since I don't want him to be sad while I'm making dinner, he is typically in there with me emptying my cupboards, reorganizing and finding things I didn't know we had. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment