For whatever reason Brady has been begging me to let him do the dishes. Really. So last night I wrote him a little note about the next day and told him I left the dishes so he could help me with them. He was so excited he started dancing around. He wanted to do them right then. I told him he would have to wait till later when Blake was taking a nap.
Well it wasn't quite nap time, but Brady had had a snack and asked if he could wash his spoon (so it didn't have to go in the dishwasher). Sure- you can wash your spoon! He took it over to the sink, rinsed it and dried it. I then told him we typically use soap on the dishes, so he went back to the sink and asked, "Do I use our soap (the hand washing soap)or the duckling soap?" I couldn't help but laugh. The duckling soap of course! I got him the Dawn that was under the sink and he proceeded to wash his spoon. Then he washed his plate and then I showed him how to plug the sink, fill it with water and how to pour just a little bit of the duckling soap in the water. He washed all the dishes and I rinsed. Team work!!
At the end of the day when I asked him what his favorite parts of the day were he said, "Dishes and playing catch."
No comments:
Post a Comment