Sunday, March 23, 2014
41 Weeks
Blake has cut his second tooth and will be cutting a top toot very soon. I guess when you wait till your 9 months old to get a first tooth, all the other teeth want to join in the fun! With these new teeth, he has figured out how to bite. He likes to bite my fingers and then slide them out of his mouth- scraping his sharp little teeth along my fingers. He has even bitten me so hard he has left teeth marks.
Blake is so much fun! He cruises along the furniture and 'big boy' crawls for very brief moments. If he's about to climb up on something he will prepare by getting up on his hands and knees while venturing towards the obstacle. He enjoys snuggling while being read to and will sit for multiple books at a time (without eating them!). He zerberts my arms, legs, face, stomach and zerberts Shaun's head. He thinks it's funny- laughs at himself and does it again.
Thankfully, Blake loves to be outside! This past week Brady and I combined outside play with another one of his favorites- water!! We filled up some pans and let him splash and get wet in the grass. Blake loves to play with the little wooden blocks. He carries them around the room while he is scooting around or around the house while we are carrying him. He still loves being in his carrier both at home and when we're out. I have to be very aware what is within reaching distance because his little hands are lightening fast! He grabs and knocks things in a flash- I'm constantly picking up the magnets and pictures off the ground from the refrigerator.
I have heard Blake likes to dance. Shaun said he had Flogging Molly's on yesterday and that Blake was cruising around the couch and started bouncing up and down to the music. I'm going to have to try that this week- I want to see him dancing!
He still pants at the doggies and when we see doggies in books. Him and my mom have a panting game I guess- she said he'll be almost asleep in her arms and that he'll pop his eyes open and pant at her. She does it back and the game continues!
Blake still loves the bath and doesn't care if his face gets wets. Blake splashes in the bath getting water all over his face and all over the walls and floor. I can wash his hair and the water can run in his face and he either is un-phased or spits. (Brady HATED water in his face- and sill has a strong dislike towards it.)
Some adventures over the past couple weeks include-
-visiting with Texas cousins
-Butterfly Wonderland
-Visiting with Great Grandma Harris and her brother
-adopting a guinea pig for the classroom
-special time with Aunt Lori
-special time with Aunt Mandy
-Celebrated my dad's birthday
-Celebrated "Greenpatrick's Day"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment