Sunday, March 23, 2014
Horseback Riding
Over Spring Break I had one goal (ok, I had many, but this one was at the top of my list)- taking Brady horseback riding! While my Aunt and cousins were in town from Texas we all decided to take a ride. Lori set up reservations at Ponderosa Stables near South Mountain and we went riding Friday morning. It was a beautiful morning- we went for a 9:00 ride and it was cool, cloudy and there was a bit of a breeze!
We signed our life away on a release form and they were off to get us the horsies. Lori and I figured we would get riding helmets (so I didn't do my hair!), but NO- no riding helmets!! I was secretly panicking in my head- praying that my child (or anyone else) didn't fall off the horse and get a TBI. Brady had to double ride with me since he was under 6 so I figured I could hold on to him pretty tightly. I can't remember the name of our horse for sure, but I think it was Comanche. He was a paint, and they had only had him for 5 months. Once we were all on our horses we were off to ride along the trails. Brady thought it was funny when Aunt Lisa's horse- right in front of us- pooped. The horses were all very calm and I didn't have to do much work to control the horse at all. He just followed in line. He was super close to the horse in front of us and I thought for sure if it stopped abruptly we would run right into it. He definitely wasn't following the "2 second rule."
Brady had a blast and said he wants a pet horse. He is also adamant that he gets to ride his own horse next time. (Next time I will be bringing him his own helmet!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment