Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Who's two?


Brady's 24 month stats:
26.8 lbs
35 inches

A few years ago I though the years went by quickly, but since Brady has been born, they FLY by! Since his 1st birthday he has learned so much and brought us indescribable joy & happiness! He is now a walker...I mean runner! And a lover of hats, dogs, cookies, playing outside, warm milk, the stars on his ceiling at night, donuts on Sunday, videos of himself, shoes (his crocs to be specific), playing guns, play dough, playing chase, dancing, books and of course his mom and dad! He plays independently, but enjoys playing with others just as much, if not more! He plays with his Little People animals; the horses are his favorite. The “mommy” and “baby” hug, kiss, eat, sleep, play peek-a-boo, go for rides and play chase. Brady enjoys coloring and painting and knows all of his colors! As of now pink is his favorite as it is the first marker he grabs when coloring. He knows and uses more words than I can count and puts two words together frequently. His favorite expressions are “I did it!” and “Stop it!”. He tells us “Wuv you” and now calls Peyton by her name instead of “Nya-nya” and calls Seang by his name half the time and calls him “Ha-ha” the other half. He pretty much always says “hank you” when appropriate and also uses “pease?” without reminding on occasion. He tells Shady “orry” and gives her a hug when I explain to him that she didn’t like something he did to her (usually using his hands too roughly). I have never made him say “sorry,” but he obviously picked it up somewhere, just like I never taught him his colors. Sure, I name the colors in casual conversations, but that’s it! One of his favorite books to read at the moment is Where the Wild Things Are and his attention span for individual books continues to increase. In addition, he sleeps in now as well! Thank goodness he has given up his 5:30 rise time! He enjoys spending time with Grammie, Papa, Aunt Lori, Uncle Josh, Peyton, Aunt Mandy, Logan and Abe! He still spends Wednesday's and Friday's with his Aunt Mandy and Abe and is so excited to go over in the mornings. There were a few weeks he would cry when I left, but has given that up as well! I get a happy hug, kiss, finger kiss and a "bye-bye Mommy!" when I leave.

If it wasn't obvious, Shaun and I feel so lucky and blessed to have this little guy in our life. As part of our bedtime routine, we each share our favorite part of the day we spent with Brady. We just hope he knows how much we love him! Happy 2nd Birthday Brady, we love you with all of our hearts!!!!

The past two years side by side:

No comments:

Post a Comment