

During Spring Break my sister suggested we get fabric so I could make Brady a rag blanket. She had made one for Peyton for Christmas and I thought it was super cute! Choosing the fabric was pretty difficult. First, we needed flannel and there wasn't a ton of flannel fabric. Second, he is a boy and there isn't as much boy or gender neutral fabric as there is girl fabric. Third, I didn't want baby fabric. I finally found 4 fabrics that would work. After cutting them out I needed to arrange the pieces together. Who knew there were so many options??? I finally decided on a pattern and started sewing. Thankfully, Lori allowed her sewing machine to live at my house for the week. Unfortunately for her I didn't know how to thread the bobbins and I kept calling her to come help!
Brady now has a blanket made with love. And when he's sleeping I'll cover his feet with his "elephant blankie" as he still much prefers to cuddle with his blue and yellow blanket with the satin edges!
No comments:
Post a Comment