Saturday, June 15, 2013

And Baby Blake Makes 4!

Happy 1 Week Birthday Baby Blake! For reals, it doesn't seem like a week has really past. I wasn't sure that Blake was serious about having a birthday last weekend, but after getting to the hospital around 5:45 and his arrival at 6:28, I guess he was serious! I had even told Shaun on Friday that I wouldn't be surprised if the baby was born this weekend. He was a couple weeks early, but I was really fine with that.
No one was more excited than Brady. He had us promise that he would be the first to hold him and of course after us, he was! The smile on his face was priceless! Thanks to Lori, he was finally OK with going home that night since she and Peyton offered to spend the night with him. Of course the next couple hospital days run together. Brady was there alot and thankfully there were many kids movies he could watch while he snuggled with me and Blake. We came home around 10:30-11:00 pm on Monday night. We tried waking Brady up when we got home, but he was out- and OH MY GOSH he looked like a giant in his bed.
Tuesday morning Brady came into the room where Blake and I were sleeping. He was super excited to have his brother home. He has done nothing but sing to him, kiss him and wants to make sure he is happy. He really wants to be Blake's favorite. Brady told us in the hospital that Blake will always be welcome in the family and that he's his favorite!
Blake had lots of visitors in the hospital and here at home. He had an ER visit on Friday with me due to superficial blood clots and today he went with us to church. He was awake the entire time from the time we left for church to the time we got home. That has been the longest he's been awake and alert at one time. At night he will do about one 5hr sleep stretch which I hope continues... He sleeps right on top of me and although I got him a "cozy nest" he has yet to sleep in it for more than 20 minutes. Blake sucks on his hands and has found his thumb on multiple occasions- even in the hospital. He doesn't like being swaddled. He seems to love fuzzy blankets and of course being held. He loves his binkie. He's great at making dirty laundry and has leaked out the side of his diaper onto multiple individuals including myself, my dad, my mom and Brady.
Shaun and I feel truly blessed to have two wonderful healthy boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment