Saturday, August 17, 2013
10 weeks!
I guess I have to accept that Blake is going to get bigger. I officially put away his newborn clothes today. Even if I tried I don't think I could squeeze him into his newborn onesies (even without snapping the bottoms). This week we went to his 2 month check up- 5 shots and 1 oral vaccine. He's tracking very similar to Brady and was weighed just a bit less, just by a few ounces and is a little shorter. But, he was lighter and shorter when he was born.
It's about 8:30 here and Blake's bedtime. I have a feeling he's not going to let me finish this post tonight, but I'm going to try! He still LOVES bath time and snuggling. He is finding his thumb more often and I think once he figures out how to purposely stick his thumb in his mouth, it will be there frequently. Right now he starts by sucking on his fist and eventually his thumb just pops in his mouth.
This kid poops and spits up ALL THE TIME! Sometimes I'm not sure how he can possibly be growing with how much he spits up. Notice the big wet spot on his outfit in the picture above?? I put a receiving blanket or burp cloth under him when he sleeps so when he spits up it's not all over the sheets. It works about half the time. :) As for the pooping- we call him the "Poo Poo King" and even have a song for him!
Although Blake has been cooing for a bit- he wasn't consistent. It was as if he wasn't quite sure how to make his voice work. Now, he knows how to make it work. He tries to laugh too, but the come out as coughs. Although today in the car Brady said that he laughed "and it was a real laugh not a cough one" and then he tried to mimic what he sounded like. Speaking of today, we took the boys to the Cardinals game. This was Brady's first NFL game and he had a blast. It was preseason against the Cowboys and our seats were in the upper level, but it was great! The not so great part was that it was 114* and we had to walk at least a quarter mile to the stadium. Poor Blake- we tried to find any shade we could and tried to cool him off with a wet towel once we got in. The environment was overstimulating for him and slept most of the time. He also slept all the way there (only beginning to cry as we were trying to find a place to park) and all the way home. Maybe he's getting used to the car... I can only hope!
I must add that he has the saddest I'm sad faces. He can make his lips quiver and he sticks his bottom lip out and it's just so cute and sad all at the same time. He also makes tears- he hasn't done this very much, but the other day he had two tears running down his cheeks- one on each side.
Blake has been having a great time with Grammie while we are all back at work and school. Brady loves his class and although he misses his teachers from the previous two years, he's likes his new teachers as well. I'm still thankful that I can see him and get hugs and kisses throughout the day!
First Day of School- had to sneak that one in!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment