Saturday, September 7, 2013

13 Weeks-3 Months

Today Blake is 13 weeks and tomorrow he'll be 3 months! How time flies when you're having fun! Tonight when I weighed him he was 12.8 lbs. When I put him in my "pouch" his legs can hang out now- before I would tuck them under his bum and let his knees fall to the sides.
Last week Blake made his first trip to the cabin. He did ok on the drive to and from. Thankfully someone was always near to give him a finger to suck on! He loved sitting outside and looking up at the blue sky and pine trees. We went to Baker Butte Lookout and there were millions and millions of ladybugs. Some landed on him...and me...and Brady...and everyone else who was there.
This week we went to visit my grandma, the boys great grandma. She always says what good babies we have.
I feel like he's sleeping longer at night and not needing to eat at much. I could also just not be awake enough to remember feeding him. He sticks his tongue out alot, coos, laughs, smiles and flails his arms and legs. When we put him on his tummy we sometimes think he's going to take off crawling. He has his little arms and legs going a mile a minute. When he laughs, he still mostly cough laughs, but I did hear a real laugh the other day. On Friday morning my mom came over to babysit him and I told her how he was getting close to rolling over. I had just put him down on his tummy and sure enough he propped himself up on his elbows, lifted his head really high and flipped over to his left side. He didn't make it to his back, but I think he scared himself (plus he would rather be on his tummy)! He's better about getting his diaper changed and really doesn't mind it like he did before. He still LOVES his baths and loves to be lotioned up. I love the way he smells after a bath and lotion! He still poops and spits up tons. Just today I'm pretty sure I changed 7 poopy diapers. Rarely do we change just a wet diaper. He is the poo-poo king!
Blake goes everywhere with me (at least it seems). He gives Shaun such a hard time when I leave that I cart him around grocery shopping and to hang out with friends. He still sleeps in bed with me. He doesn't sleep in bed on his tummy- mostly on his side. However, for naps he normally sleeps on his tummy. Never was Brady allowed to sleep on his tummy.
Brady is still all over him. He even offered to change his poopy diaper a couple weeks ago. He was disappointed when I wouldn't let him do it on his own. He gives him (and me) kisses ALL the time. When I'm feeding Blake he kisses my arms and tells me his kisses are going through my arms, to my milk and then to Blake. When Blake holds his finger- it means he's kissing him- That's what our photographer told him and he's hung onto it ever since. He'll even give Blake his finger and say "Give me a kiss". When he doesn't grab on he is very disappointed- thankfully he grabs on most of the time!
His nicknames (from me) for the time being are: Blakers, Blakey, Snuggles, Boyfriend, Best friend and Poo-Poos.

No comments:

Post a Comment