Friday, October 9, 2015
15 Weeks
A few weeks shy of 4 month and this little guy rolled over today! He did it a total of 4 times- all back to tummy. I had videoed him yesterday in hopes of catching him, but to no avail. Today, he was on his play mat next to me and I almost missed it. Brady and I were playing Spot it and out of the corner of my eye I saw him start and then tada- he was over! Brady, Blake and I cheered for him. Unfortunately, I had thought about bringing the video camera over next to me just in-case, but decided against it. I did get the second time on video though! I think the second and third time rolling over were the most difficult for him. He knew he could do it, but he was still not moving his bottom arm-instead throwing his body ontop of it. For the last time- I put him down and without hearing him complain I looked again and he was on his tummy. The picture above is after his first roll- he was proud! :)
Brenden has raised his voice. He now talks instead of whispers. Last week he laughed, but we must not have been funny at all this week as I couldn't get him to laugh again. He still doesn't complain much and really only cries when he is scared or hurt (shots).
This week Brady and I were on Fall Break, so we had some adventures. On Monday the boys got flu shots in the morning and hung out at home the rest of the day. On Tuesday we went to the park in the morning where we found a tortoise. He is now in foster care with a friend of mine, while we hunt for her home. That afternoon we went to the Museum of Natural History and it was actually chilly. There is an outside area where you can pan for gold and dig for dinosaur bones. Due to the rain it was 69* out there and unfortunately for Brenden I had to change his clothes and only had a onsie. I did have a blanket, so I didn't feel like such a failure. :) (Blake had to change to from getting soaking wet (from panning for gold)- he got to wear a sleeveless shirt. And Brady was soaking wet - also from panning for gold, but he had no change of clothes.)) Neither of them cared about being wet or cold! On Wednesday we met a friend and her three children at the IDEA museum. It was alright. The boys preferred to wrestle and run in the snack area with all the mats. That night Blakey didn't feel good and woke up coughing. I was able to snuggle him, while Brenden was sleeping. Even thought I knew Brenden had been around Blake all day I changed my shirt just incase... On Thursday we went to Boyce Thompson Arboretum with my Dad, sister and Peyton. We hiked around and it was super beautiful. I didn't take my camera and I knew I was overloaded with other stuff (like changes of clothes for everyone!) and knew Lori would bring her camera. We saw a roadrunner and lots of lizards. Today, Friday- we hung out all day and after dinner Brenden, Blake and I went on a short walk around the block. Throughout the week the boys have played alot outside and Brenden has enjoyed watching them. :) Sometimes he sits in the stroller and sometimes he sits in my lap.
We are looking forward to continuing cooler weather, more time outside and making Brenden laugh again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jillian and I read your update together :) she loves it! Xox
ReplyDelete